|People tend to forget there are Senior Self defense as well|
Learning is a process of repetition of reviews and revisions. You may have learn many new techniques from your Krav Maga or self defense Masters from a gym. However in a cognitive process of learning it is important to repeat the process by reviewing. A learning process consist of learning multiple point of views and adapting to your own understanding.
I highly encourage those who are already experts and are learning from experts to keep an open-mind of other disciplines and their methods, the more we learn the more well prepared we may become.
Those who are already interested feel free to skip the rest and click here to get started of learning essential techniques of self defense.
Below are some tips to consider when it comes down to any self-defense situations. Conscious or unconscious, prepared or unprepared scenarios.
Courtesy of Youtube's Dabbler.
Review of the video above:
1) Avoid & be aware of potential dangers & threats around you
2) Breath and stay calm. Put yourself in a calm state of mind
3) Communicating with confidence, but not hostile!
4) Don't make the situation any worst.
5) Environment & Exits
6) Fire! (although not limited, calling FIRE attracts more attention over the word help)
7) Get away! Always find an opportunity to get away.
8) Hit hard hit fast hit first. (when all else have failed)
His point No.8 may contradict point No.4 however we keep an open-mind where everyone have their own methods and ideas on how one should protect themselves. What is most important is to be aware of the possible options available because any emergency situations are always unpredictable, so sometimes situation may contradict what you've learnt and thats when his point No. 8 can be a life-safer when all else fails. (its never the most effective solution but a valid solution when there are no other ways)